JOALI BEING, the first wellbeing island of its kind in the Maldives, invites guests to embrace the festive season on Bodufushi Island with an underwater theme, visiting wellbeing practitioners and a unique line up of daily offerings. From December 21, 2023 to January 10, 2024, the adults-only retreat will welcome kidsof all ages to the island as it transforms into a magical underwater world filled with vivid colours and lights for an unforgettable holiday celebration. In addition to classic holiday traditions such as a tree lighting ceremony, gingerbread house and visit fromSanta Claus, JOALI BEING’s robust activity calendar during the festive season will include:
● Well being For All: From various fitness and meditation classes to learning about JOALI BEING’s Four Pillars concept (Mind, Microbiome, Skin and Energy), daily wellbeing offerings will be available forall levels.
● For the Kids: Younger wellbeing seekers can find the Joy of BEING through daily activities,including junior mixology classes, young yogi classes, fish identification workshops, coral reef discoveries, snorkelling, bubble-making and much more.
● GroupActivities: Connect with guests by playing tennis, participating in a cacao ceremony and sunset gathering, running a 5K, taking a dance class, learning about natural healing remedies through a medicine garden workshop, making your own perfumes and more.
● Culinary: Gastronomes can embark on a dream dining experience, take cooking classes,learn about mixology and organic and biodynamic wines, learn how to properly fuel their bodies through nutrition, participate in a tea celebration at SAI, and more. JOALI BEING will also feature a Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day breakfast, New Year’s Eve dinner and New Year’s Day brunch.
● Sustainability Focus: Craft Christmas ornaments through a recycling workshop, make bracelets from ghost nets, talk conservation with the resident marine biologist, and more. Home to one of the turtle rehabilitation and conservation sanctuaries in the Maldives in partnership with The Olive RidleyFoundation, island guests can partake in the efforts to care for these intelligent animals.
JOALI BEING will also welcome several global wellbeing practitioners and fitness athletes over Festiveto further enable guests to take their wellbeing journeys to a new level, bringing them closer to experiencing the joy of weightlessness. The Festive Season visiting wellbeing practitioners include:
●Dr. Rachel Woo (November 1, 2023-January 31, 2024): Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)practitioner Dr. Rachel Woo specializes in acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and TCM nutrition. Dr.Woo holds more than 10 years of experience conducting workshops in Australia, China, Malaysia, Nepaland New Zealand teaching scalp acupuncture to medical staff and healthcare professionals in private andhospital settings. In addition, Woo holds a clinicalsupervising role at the Sydney Institute of TraditionalChinese Medicine and volunteering with the Acupuncture Relief Project to provide free primary healthcare to rural villages in Nepal. Focusing on mental health, stress management, hormonal imbalance, menstrual regulation, cosmetic rejuvenation, digestive health, musculoskeletal health and chronic pain management,guests can discover wellbeing with Dr. Woo during the festive season through TCM consultations and natural therapy sessions, including acupuncture, cupping, gua sha and moxibustion.
● Javier De Prado (November 23, 2023–March 1, 2024): A master of craniosacral and Watsu Therapy, visceral manipulation and Osteothai, De Prado will bring a deep understanding of diverse massage techniques. Guests can achieve a comprehensive state of wellbeing through the seamless merging of Eastern And Western healing traditions, including craniosacral therapy, visceral manipulation, Osteothai and liquid light.
● Sandro Thiara Mota (December 4, 2023-January 4, 2024): Leading human enhancement coachSandro Thiara Mota will guide JOALI BEING guests through transformative and restorative experiences.A former professional athlete and Mr. Universe finalist with more than two decades of experience in helping clients elevate their lives, Mota developed the “Mota Method,” a combination of restorative breathwork,Wim Hof techniques and high-performance fitness training that has benefited elite athletes, high-level executives and guests of all ages and backgrounders seeking to work through traumas. During the festive season, guests can experience a Mota Method emotional release workshop, Janzu (an intuitive therapy that allows you to deeply relax at the surface of the water), an energy activation breath work and ice bath, water rebirthing, a two-day stress management and break through workshop and a five-day private retreat.
● Andrea Suto (December 20, 2023-January 15, 2024): Rounding out the visiting wellbeing practitioners, former professional beach tennis athlete Andrea Stuto will bring his expertise as a coacheducator for Beach Tennis School and the head coach for Beach Box Camp to JOALI BEING.Lastly, JOALI BEING will welcome UK plant-based Chef Bettina Campolucci-Bordi to the island.Passionate about climate change and sustainability, Bettina is on a mission to elevate accessible plant-based eating habits by sharing simple and waste-free secrets via her award-winning cookbooks and Bettina’s Kitchen-an online platform that encompasses food, yoga and mindfulness retreats, plant-based cooking workshops, recipe development and food writing. During her free time, Bettina also hosts select retreats around the world and runs her own Retreat Chef Academy–that sees her pass on her wisdom, experience and expertise to aspiring chefs, to help them travel the world, live their dream, and enjoy playing with different cuisines, flavour and varieties.
At JOALI BEING, Bettina looks forward to sharing her recipes with guests and will be hosting an exclusive workshop for both adults and kids. For additional details on JOALI BEING’s “Spark Your Vitality” Festive programming or to book, please visit www.joalibeing.com
Please login to Comment