Due to the ongoing pandemic and a new wave of infections across the region forcing thousands of hotels and hospitality facilities to cease operations, the South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) has announced their decision to extend the nomination period by an additional 30 days.
Being in the worst effected region, SATA prays for a quick recovery and urges everyone to comply with the guidelines and regulations of Health Authorities in order to overcome the situation, stating: “We wish and pray that millions of people who work in the hospitality service sector – who are currently out of their usual roles as per safety regulations – will be able return back to service soon.”
Properties can nominate online via www.southasiantravelawards.com until 10th June 2021. SATA is yet to announce the evaluation period and online voting time.
SATA opened for nominations with over 52 categories for properties and brands to compete, in addition to the Visitors Choice Awards and Special Recognition Awards.
SATA has been endorsed by over 15 International and government agencies for its work to elevate tourism and hospitality in the region, including:
- Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
- Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
- Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
- Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
- Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
- Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
- Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
- National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
- Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
- Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
- Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
- Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
- The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
- Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA),
- The Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO).
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) celebrates its 6th year, recognizing the best of South Asia’s Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry since 2016. The prestigious annual event honors stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories.
Despite the unprecedented challenges, SATA 2020 was successfully held virtually. The previous editions were held at Amari Galle, Sri Lanka (2019), Taj Mahal Palace, India (2018), Equator Village, Maldives (2017) and Mount Lavinia Hotel, Sri Lanka (2016).
Please login to Comment