Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives, a 5-star resort in the Noonu atoll, has signed a collaborative agreement (MoU) with the Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism Studies (FHTS) of the Maldives National University, to strengthen, promote and develop cooperation between both entities based on equality and mutual benefit. Its intention is to effectively implement nation-building strategies that encompass:
- Utilizing advanced science and technology and tapping into the country’s pool of hospitality talent
- Facilitating the fostering of the new generation of the highly skilled talent
- Development of the young generation with a strong sense of practicality, hands-on skills and high level of organizational and business skills
The resort management welcomed the MNU-FHTS representatives to Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives for the official singing ceremony at one of its residences, which took place on Thursday, September 16, 2021. The guest list included:
1. Zeenath Solih - Dean of MNU-FHTS
2. Rahushath Ibrahim - HOD (Food and Beverage Management Department)
3. Zuneena Habeeb - HOD (Tourism Management Department)
4. Hashma Adnan - HOD (Hospitality Management Department)
5. Ismail Shiyar - Associate Lecturer
As part of the ongoing partnership, Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives will:
- Assist FHTS with the development of teaching plans and online courses based on the current demand and trends within the country
- Formulate the concise internship training plan and prepare the training grounds, equipment and other supporting materials for onsite training sessions
- Provide trainees with the technical expertise, and assess the trainee’s internship performance based on fair judgment and evaluation
- Recommend suitable technical or management personnel to attend the theory lectures, internship coaching sessions and activities for the creation of training materials and educational courses organized by FHTS
- Offer employment opportunities to trainees based on their internship performance and other related factors
- Provide an opportunity for the FHTS academic staff to take part in internship training programs at the resort premises.
“We are extremely excited to become part of this important educational project in the Maldives. It is crucial to develop the country’s young talent by providing them with clear guidance, affordable education, internship and career opportunities. The island nation has been known for its high hospitality standards for decades, and we are proud to be part of this history” said Vaibhav Garg, Director of Talent & Culture.
About the Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism Studies (FHTS) of the Maldives National University
With over thirty years of educational expertise, the establishment is the leading hospitality and tourism education institute committed to producing professionals for the tourism industry in the Maldives being a country with a world class hotel industry and some of the world’s leading resorts. It emphasizes on both theoretical elements and the application of knowledge through stimulated study environments, as well as through industry placements, allowing students to acquire in-depth understanding and advance skills of hospitality and tourism management.
Please login to Comment