The IMTM virtual platform, IMTMair, can now be accessed for two more days, 18th and 19th of November, by participants of the IMTM 2020 virtual fair.
This was determined by the IMTM team, following the positive feedback, to provide more opportunity for participants to familiarize themselves with the platform and meet more interested parties. Thus, the participants will be provided with more time to interact with businesses, and build up the current business connections and make new connections as well.
Multiple seminars were also held at the IMTM 2020 virtual fair, which was held on 16 and 17 of November. The Digital Media Partner of IMTM 2020, Dhiraagu, provided a briefing on their products for assistance in hospitality with Digital Solutions for Businesses in the Hospitality Industry.
On the second day of the event, a webinar on Fostering Rural Tourism Development was held with experts in the field of rural tourism development from China, Malaysia, Bhutan, and the Maldives. The webinar allowed each speaker from the respective countries to share and exchange views and knowledge on a variety of methods adopted and experienced in their countries.
The Advisor on Asia tourism and former director for Asia and the Pacific of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Mr. Xu Jing, was the moderator for the webinar session.
The Speakers included:
- The Chair of Maldives PATA Chapter, Mr. Abdulla Ghiyas
- The Vice President of Guesthouse Association of the Maldives (GAM), Mr. Sameeu Imad
- The former Secretary-General of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture of Malaysia, Tan Sri Dr. ONG Hong Peng
- The Assistant Director of Monitoring Centre for Sustainable Tourism Observatories, Sun Yat-sen University, China, Ms. Jiang Jiawei
- The head of Tourism Promotion Division, Tourism Council of Bhutan, Mr. Damcho Rinzin
Please login to Comment