1. What sparked your interest in the hospitality industry?
Being in the hospitality industry is the most exciting experience for sure. My interest grew during the opening of Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu in 1996. As a young teen, I got the opportunity to help out in the back of the house during the prep for the first arrival. This keenness for event management led me to pursue my career in Tourism Management and have been working in this industry for last 15+ years.
2. What's your favourite spot at the resort and why?
Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu has always been my special place. Every time I step on the island the calmness and tranquillity engulf me. Watching the sun go down with a cup of tea at the Beach Bar is the best moment of the day. Yet chilling at the Conch Bar is loved for its easy mood. It’s the most relaxing place to lounge around with a refreshing drink as you enjoy the lively atmosphere.
3. What do you most like about your work, and what do you find to be the most challenging aspect?
My journey began at Coco Collection as a receptionist. From reservations, to sales, I have worked in so many roles since then and today I am working in the marketing department. As a marketer, it’s all about being creative and technical at the same time. We work as a team and the best part is always executing a project successfully. Yet, limited resources have always been a challenge.
4. What are the positives and the opportunities that you have gathered from the pandemic?
This was a day that we weren’t expecting and neither of us were ready for it. Day to day life came to a halt, being trapped inside our homes. Nevertheless, it was a new experience and we all explored new ways of working remotely. The best part was being able to spend more time with my daughter and getting engaged in different activities.
5. If you could change absolutely anything in your life – big or small – what would it be?
Nothing, I love my life how it is.
6. How would you describe the DNA of Coco Collection?
For more than 25 years, Sunland Group has been sharing its passion for travel, adventure and life’s luxuries.
Coco Collection is a prestigious hotel group, and a subsidiary of Sunland Hospitality Group. Since opening our flagship hotel in July 2007, we have continued to grow and develop our reputation as a trailblazer in stylish and sophisticated, yet, sustainable hospitality.
Built on a simple ethos and spirit, the Coco brand has its own unique attributes and allure. As for the future, our goal is to become the region’s premier luxury holiday lifestyle resort brand, while keeping a firm focus on service excellence, product quality and residential design.
7. Who are you listening to at the moment?
I am currently listening to Stick Figure. My day usually starts with that, and a cup of coffee.
8. Favourite motto or saying: Never let anyone pull you down. Be proud of who you are and do not let what others think of you, drag you down.
Please login to Comment