Bank of Maldives has announced Yooshau Saeed, H. Sandy Beach, as Chairperson of its Board of Directors. This appointment was confirmed at the meeting of the Bank’s Board held on July 15, 2021, after the 38th Annual General Meeting.
The directors nominated by the Government and appointed to the Board at its AGM are:
1. Mr. Timothy Sawyer (Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director)
2. Ms. Aishath Noordeen, M. Thaangeedhoshuge
3. Mr. Yooshau Saeed, H. Sandy Beach
4. Ms. Juwairiya Saeed, Ma. Kosheege
5. Mr. Abdulla Hassan, Naseemaa Manzil, R. Alifushi
6. Mr. Abdulla Husam Shareef, Dhiguvaandu, Savaa, Gn. Fuvahmulah
7. Mr. Mohamed Sharah, Kothange, G.Dh. Fiyoaree
The two directors elected by public shareholders are:
1. Mr. Ibrahim Mohamed, Nelum, N. Holhudhoo
2. Mr. Ahmed Mohamed, G. Ufaa
Speaking at the annual general meeting, Bank of Maldives CEO and Managing Director Tim Sawyer highlighted the important role the Bank played in supporting the country during the pandemic and reiterated that the Bank will remain alongside Maldivians through these extraordinary and challenging times.
Please login to Comment